We hire truck drivers, mechanics, loaders, tank washers and other office jobs!
Diesel Truck Mechanic
Posted October 2, 2020
- Responsible for repairs and required preventive maintenance of trucks and/or forklifts.
- Inspect, trouble shoot, diagnose and perform maintenance on equipment.
- Perform safety inspections of equipment and prepare safety documents required by Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), company and any other Federal, State or Local regulations.
- Interpret work orders and technical manuals.
- Repair or replace defective parts, components or systems.
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and ensure the work meets manufacturer’s specifications and legislated regulations.
- Regular attendance is required.
- This is not an all-inclusive list of job requirements and/or duties and may not contain all capabilities necessary to perform the job at all times due to circumstances; Operational, safety and other needs may require the employee to perform any and all other duties as assigned; Employees are expected, and must be able to perform all such duties and tasks.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED), or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background
- 18 + years of age
- Must have a minimum of one-year experience and/or completion of trade school; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be able to use hand tools and test equipment
- Must have own tools
- Must know general repairs and PM criteria
- Should have specific knowledge of heavy truck repairs in a commercial environment, including diesel engine system diagnostics to ensure equipment is operating appropriately
- Must possess the ability to keep up with changing technology and updates
- Possess mechanical ability and interest of engines, electronics and precision equipment
- Must possess the strength and stamina required to work with heavy equipment and work in awkward positions
- Physical activities include: walking, lifting, twisting, turning, climbing a ladder, etc.
- Must have a valid driver’s license; CDL is a plus although not required
- Must have an acceptable MVR
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication and listening skills
- Should be self-starting and organized
- Must possess a strong work ethic and good problem solving skills
- Must be willing to work any shift, including nights and weekends in any weather condition; flexible work schedule
- Must be able to comply with all company policies, rules, procedures and Code of Conduct
- Must be able to interact well with others
- Must be able to work independently, or in a team setting
- Must be capable of working under tight time constraints in a high volume environment with multiple priorities
- Must be able to lift approximately 10-70 lbs., or more if required by the essential functions of the job
- Responds well to questions; Ability to read, interpret and comply with written information and documents such as safety rules, operations / procedure manuals and maintenance instructions with a high comprehension and concentration level to include the ability to meet deadlines
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, random drug and/or alcohol tests, and will be subject to a criminal history background check • Must be authorized to work in the United States
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Dental Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Direct Deposit
- Health Insurance
- Job Referral Bonus Program (Eligible Employees Only)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Safety Awards Program
- Service Awards
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Programs
- Vision Insurance
Posted October 2, 2020
The position is responsible for the performance of tasks associated with the cleaning of hazardous, non-hazardous and food grade tanker trailers, on site-remediation, clean-up, equipment de-contamination and handling of hazardous materials. At times, must be able to work with little or no supervision.
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Engage in physical labor including lifting and pulling heavy objects.
- Operates light and heavy equipment including, but not limited to: pumps, compressors, boilers, bobcats, forklift, etc.
- Handles various hand tools and powered industrial tools, including pressure washers.
- Ensures proper use of equipment and immediately notify supervisor of any mechanical failure or problem of equipment.
- Adheres to and ensures constant compliance with Health & Safety Compliance and regulations.
- Wear and properly use a variety of Levels A, B, C & D personal protective Equipment (PPE). This includes respirators, skin, face, head, hand and foot protection in a multiple number of combinations.
- Works in various temperatures indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions: including extreme heat and cold while wearing various levels of personal protective equipment.
- Works in atmospheres and locations with the potential for exposure to various chemical and physical agents, some of which may be hazardous, toxic or corrosive.
- Works in potentially elevated noise levels, confined spaces, including lifting in areas of low clearance. Working at elevations including working from ladders and scaffolding.
- Assists in field sampling activities and calibration of meters.
- Climbs ladders for cleaning duties.
- Works extended (> 8 hrs.) time periods.
- 6+ months industry related experience.
- Complete confined space entry (CSE) a plus.
- No serious moving violations in past 3 years, i.e., Reckless driving, Driving to endanger, Open alcohol containers, etc.
- Clean driving record, includes: No more than 2 moving violations in the past 3 years; No DUI/DWI in past 3 years; No preventable accidents in the past year; No more than 2 preventable accidents in the last 3 years.
- Valid drivers license required as a continuing condition of employment; Class A CDL a plus.
- Knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) waste codes, manifesting and Land Disposal Restrictions (LDR) preferred.
- Knowledge of chemicals.
- Position involves physical exertion.
- Requires standing, lifting up to 50lbs.
- Requires pulling/pushing, carrying, grasping, reaching, occasionally stooping and crouching in confined spaces; Requires walking, climbing, speaking, listening, clarity of vision at 2 feet or more (with or without lenses).
- Requires the ability to properly wear and use personal respirator equipment and other forms of personal protective equipment (PPE) including levels A,B,C,D & E, including full encapsulation PPE suits which can elevate body temperature substantially during strenuous exertion.
Employment is contingent upon a successful background check and drug screen. Some positions also require a pre-hire medical exam. Must meet all work eligibility requirements. Environmentally-responsible business.
To inquire about this position or submit your resume, please send an email to [email protected]