We hire truck drivers, mechanics, loaders, tank washers and other office jobs!
Search by Keyword
- Account Manager
- Accounts Payable
- Billing Clerk
- Brokerage & Logistics
- Diesel Truck Mechanic
- Driver Manager
- Driver Settlements Specialist
- Heavy Duty Lift Mechanic
- HR Generalist
- ISO Lift Operator
- Manager, Accounts Payable
- Senior Analyst - Financial Planning & Reporting
- Shop Supervisor
- Systems Administrator
- Tank Wash Supervisor
- Terminal Clerk
Job Title: Diesel Truck Technician
Status: Full Time
Reports to: Shop Foreman
- Responsible for repairs and required preventive maintenance of trucks and/or forklifts.
- Inspect, trouble shoot, diagnose and perform maintenance on equipment.
- Perform safety inspections of equipment and prepare safety documents required by Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), company and any other Federal, State or Local regulations.
- Interpret work orders and technical manuals.
- Repair or replace defective parts, components or systems.
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and ensure the work meets manufacturer’s specifications and legislated regulations.
- Regular attendance is required.
- This is not an all-inclusive list of job requirements and/or duties and may not contain all capabilities necessary to perform the job at all times due to circumstances; Operational, safety and other needs may require the employee to perform any and all other duties as assigned; Employees are expected, and must be able to perform all such duties and tasks.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED), or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background
- 18 + years of age
- Must have a minimum of one-year experience and/or completion of trade school; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be able to use hand tools and test equipment
- Must have own tools
- Must know general repairs and PM criteria
- Should have specific knowledge of heavy truck repairs in a commercial environment, including diesel engine system diagnostics to ensure equipment is operating appropriately
- Must possess the ability to keep up with changing technology and updates
- Possess mechanical ability and interest of engines, electronics and precision equipment
- Must possess the strength and stamina required to work with heavy equipment and work in awkward positions
- Physical activities include: walking, lifting, twisting, turning, climbing a ladder, etc.
- Must have a valid driver’s license; CDL is a plus although not required
- Must have an acceptable MVR
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication and listening skills
- Should be self-starting and organized
- Must possess a strong work ethic and good problem solving skills
- Must be willing to work any shift, including nights and weekends in any weather condition; flexible work schedule
- Must be able to comply with all company policies, rules, procedures and Code of Conduct
- Must be able to interact well with others
- Must be able to work independently, or in a team setting
- Must be capable of working under tight time constraints in a high volume environment with multiple priorities
- Must be able to lift approximately 10-70 lbs., or more if required by the essential functions of the job
- Responds well to questions; Ability to read, interpret and comply with written information and documents such as safety rules, operations / procedure manuals and maintenance instructions with a high comprehension and concentration level to include the ability to meet deadlines
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, random drug and/or alcohol tests, and will be subject to a criminal history background check • Must be authorized to work in the United States
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Dental Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Direct Deposit
- Health Insurance
- Job Referral Bonus Program (Eligible Employees Only)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Safety Awards Program
- Service Awards
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Programs
- Vision Insurance