We hire truck drivers, mechanics, loaders, tank washers and other office jobs!
Search by Keyword
- Account Manager
- Accounts Payable
- Billing Clerk
- Brokerage & Logistics
- Diesel Truck Mechanic
- Driver Manager
- Driver Settlements Specialist
- Heavy Duty Lift Mechanic
- HR Generalist
- ISO Lift Operator
- Manager, Accounts Payable
- Senior Analyst - Financial Planning & Reporting
- Shop Supervisor
- Systems Administrator
- Tank Wash Supervisor
- Terminal Clerk
Job Title: Driver Manager
FLSA: Exempt Status: Full Time
Reports to: Terminal Manager
Responsible and accountable for assigning jobs to ensure efficient driver operations. Ensure that company policies are being followed and that work is conducted in a safe manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with drivers to ensure their needs are being met.
- Communicate in a timely and effective manner with customers to ensure a high level of service.
- Maximize driver availability to fully utilize equipment in order to provide maximum revenue and profitability.
- Review dispatch sheet and driver assignments to ensure all loads are dispatched.
- Review all orders and process and/or distribute according to terminal procedure.
- Ensure timely and efficient movement of loaded trucks carrying various products.
- Schedule loads and assign qualified drivers.
- Enter load information into TMW system and prepare Delivery Receipts for each load.
- Provide documentation and communicate to drivers all pertinent information for scheduled load(s).
- Initiate and maintain customer specifications.
- Safety Date Sheets (SDS) for products hauled.
- Review driver's Hours of Service Logs for available hours, and update hours in the computer as required.
- Update and/or forward reports as directed by terminal management.
- Perform all other duties as specified by the terminal or corporate management.
- Incorporate measures to prevent waste and lost time.
- Effectively address concerns from employees and customers.
- Ensure compliance with safety rules, including but not limited to those defined by OSHA and DOT.
- Enforce and practice all safety rules of the Company and all government agencies, including but not limited to DOT and OSHA; monitor risk.
- Understand and follow established policies and procedures in emergency situations.
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience
- Familiarity with DOT and OSHA regulations
- Some travel to corporate office and other locations
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Valid driver’s license and ability to meet company driving requirements
- Prior dispatch experience
- Experience using TMW and PeopleNet systems
- Tanker industry experience
- Prior management/supervisory experience
- Understanding equipment utilization and allocation
- Strong organizational, administrative and analytical skills
- Solid communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change
- Strong customer service orientation, ensuring needs and deadlines are met in a timely fashion
- Ability to demonstrate a positive, proactive and motivated attitude
- Must be reliable and punctual
- Ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced organization
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- May be required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to feel; reach with hand and arms, and stoop, kneel or crouch as needed.
- May be required to lift 50 lbs.
- Specific vision requirements include the ability to see at close range, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The position typically operates in a standard office environment.
- This position routinely uses office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and file cabinets.
Job Type: Full-time