We hire truck drivers, mechanics, loaders, tank washers and other office jobs!
Search by Keyword
Job Title: Terminal Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Status: Full Time
Reports To: Terminal Operations Director
The Terminal Manager is responsible for promoting strategic business growth, customer retention, customer satisfaction, and markets the services of the company. This position ensures compliance with all applicable safety rules and regulations. Additionally, the role manages terminal personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit, interview, hire, and train new staff.
- Provide positive coaching and counseling to personnel.
- Oversee the daily workflow of the terminal.
- Provide constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handle discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Encourage involvement in the quality process toward the goal of continuous improvement.
- Ensure appropriate financial management for location and meet company goals.
- Prevent waste and lost time.
- Schedule employees and oversee work assignments.
- Handle concerns from employees and customers.
- Enforce and practice all safety rules of the Company and all government agencies, including but not limited to DOT and OSHA; monitor risk.
- Develop environmental compliance and safety plans where required.
- Maintain positive relationships with customer contacts in immediate terminal area.
- Develop knowledge of related businesses (shipping, receiving, bulk delivery) in terminal area. Communicate to Sales department where appropriate (potential new customer).
- Plan and manage projects.
- Understand and follow established policies and procedures in emergency situations.
- Monitor overtime.
- Perform additional duties as required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite applications including Word, Outlook and Excel
- Minimum 5 years of related experience
- Staff supervision experience
- Familiarity with DOT and OSHA regulations
- Experience managing a location of similar scope
- Prior experience as a dispatcher or driver
- Some travel to corporate office and other locations
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Valid driver’s license and ability to meet company driving requirements
- Experience using the TMW system
- Proven ability to motivate, develop, and mentor staff in order to optimize their performance
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Solid communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change
- Strong customer service orientation, ensuring needs and deadlines are met in a timely fashion
- Demonstrate a positive, proactive and motivated attitude
- Proven focus on continuous improvement in the workplace
- Ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced organization
- Proven problem solver, anticipates challenges and is both responsive and resourceful
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- This position may be required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to feel; reach with hand and arms, and stoop, kneel or crouch as needed.
- Specific vision requirements include the ability to see at close range, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The position typically operates in a standard office environment.
- This position routinely uses office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, file cabinets, and fax machines.
At Heniff, we believe our biggest asset is our people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, hiring and developing individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to add to our collaborative culture. Heniff treats all candidates and employees with respect and does not discriminate in our recruiting, hiring, and promoting processes and general treatment during employment, including on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status, or disability.