We hire truck drivers, mechanics, loaders, tank washers and other office jobs!
Search by Keyword
- Account Manager
- Accounting & Finance
- Billing Clerk
- Brokerage & Logistics
- Diesel Truck Mechanic
- Driver Manager
- Driver Settlements Specialist
- Driver Settlements Supervisor
- Heavy Duty Lift Mechanic
- HR Coordinator
- ISO Lift Operator
- Payroll Specialist
- Senior Analyst - Financial Planning & Reporting
- Shop Supervisor
- Systems Administrator
- Tank Wash Supervisor
- Terminal Clerk
Job Title: Payroll Specialist
Department: Human Resources
Status: Full Time
Reports to: Payroll/HRIS Manager
The Payroll Specialist processes multiple payrolls weekly and ensures accurate and timely payments for all hourly and salaried employees.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtain and organize payroll information from numerous locations.
- Accurately setup of employees into the Paylocity payroll software.
- Manage tax setups in payroll software and reply to tax jurisdiction inquiries.
- Review applicable Company Driver pay for accuracy.
- Generate reports to review potential pay errors.
- Audit benefit deductions through Paylocity.
- Identify, escalate (when necessary), and resolve all pay-related inquiries.
- Prepare and analyze comprehensive reporting for the company process on a weekly basis.
- Prepare financial and other reports as requested.
- Maintain financial security by adhering to internal accounting controls.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.
- Experience with Paylocity or other payroll software
- At least 2 years of experience processing payroll for several hundred employees
- Associate’s degree or bachelor’s degree
- Experience in the trucking or transportation industry
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated organizational and analytical skills
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail; thorough completion of tasks
- Proven skill to work effectively with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Strong customer service orientation, ensuring needs and deadlines are met in a timely fashion
- Demonstrate a positive, proactive and motivated attitude
- Proven focus on continuous improvement in the workplace
- Ability to be flexible and adapt change in a fast-paced organization
- Strong problem solving skills
- Demonstrated general math skills
- Ability to produce timely and accurate reports
- Demonstrated ability to perform as team player and willingness to get involved in all aspects of the business function
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- This position may be required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to feel; reach with hand and arms, and stoop, kneel or crouch as needed.
- Specific vision requirements include the ability to see at close range, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The position typically operates in a standard office environment.
- This position routinely uses office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, file cabinets, and fax machines.