We hire truck drivers, mechanics, loaders, tank washers and other office jobs!
Search by Keyword
Position Summary: Container lift operator/iso-container mechanic. Operates a loaded Taylor container lift to move iso-containers. Light maintenance on iso-containers required.
Duties/Responsibilities of Position:
- Operates container lifts to move containers, load/remove from chassis.
- Documents location of equipment
- Updates Depot Systems software.
- Ensures equipment is in proper working order and documents inspections of equipment; reports discrepancies
- Maintain daily inspection log(s) for equipment and properly report exceptions; ensure equipment receives periodic maintenance
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
- Light Maintenance/Preps required on containers.
- Handle product temperature requirements such as steaming/hot water heating
- Other duties as assigned
Position Specific Competencies/Skills Required:
- Able to work outside in variable weather conditions
- Ability to follow spoken and written instruction
- Ability to safely perform all tasks and understand Company’s safety policies and procedures
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prior experience in related work a plus
- Valid driver’s license required
- Position requires manual dexterity and the ability to maintain physical activity for most of the day
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and hold or lift a variety of objects
- Able to carry, bend, stoop, turn, kneel, crawl, climb a ladder and other manual labor activities
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We are looking for an individual who will be responsible for basic equipment PM and maintenance repairs.
Candidate should be competent in working on potentially dangerous equipment and use of hand and power tools, while following all safety procedures.
Maintenance Technician responsibilities are:
- Equipment PM and Inspection and perform routine maintenance.
- Trouble shoot and diagnose equipment failures.
- Minor Fabrication: cut, fit.
- Facility and grounds maintenance.
- Understand and use computerized maintenance systems.
- Communicate effectively with others to ensure customer’s needs are met.
- At all times follow safety procedures and promote a safe environment for you and your fellow employees.
- Experience with hand and power tools.
- Ability to learn quickly and attention to detail
- Preferred experience in operating a container lift.
- This position requires an individual who is physically fit and able to lift more than 50 lbs.
- Dependable transportation is required as well as the ability to work a flexible schedule if required (scheduled or unscheduled overtime, weekends, nights, and holidays).
- Employment is contingent upon the ability to pass required Safety Council training examinations, and all pre-employment screenings i.e. drug screen.
Position requires the ability to lift, push and pull 50. lbs., bending, kneeling, walking and sitting.
At Heniff, we believe our biggest asset is our people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, hiring and developing individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to add to our collaborative culture. Heniff treats all candidates and employees with respect and does not discriminate in our recruiting, hiring, and promoting processes and general treatment during employment, including on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
The position is responsible for the performance of tasks associated with the cleaning of hazardous, non-hazardous and food grade tanker trailers, on site-remediation, clean-up, equipment de-contamination and handling of hazardous materials. At times, must be able to work with little or no supervision.
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Engage in physical labor including lifting and pulling heavy objects.
- Operates light and heavy equipment including, but not limited to: pumps, compressors, boilers, bobcats, forklift, etc.
- Handles various hand tools and powered industrial tools, including pressure washers.
- Ensures proper use of equipment and immediately notify supervisor of any mechanical failure or problem of equipment.
- Adheres to and ensures constant compliance with Health & Safety Compliance and regulations.
- Wear and properly use a variety of Levels A, B, C & D personal protective Equipment (PPE). This includes respirators, skin, face, head, hand and foot protection in a multiple number of combinations.
- Works in various temperatures indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions: including extreme heat and cold while wearing various levels of personal protective equipment.
- Works in atmospheres and locations with the potential for exposure to various chemical and physical agents, some of which may be hazardous, toxic or corrosive.
- Works in potentially elevated noise levels, confined spaces, including lifting in areas of low clearance. Working at elevations including working from ladders and scaffolding.
- Assists in field sampling activities and calibration of meters.
- Climbs ladders for cleaning duties.
- Works extended (> 8 hrs.) time periods.
- 6+ months industry related experience.
- Complete confined space entry (CSE) a plus.
- No serious moving violations in past 3 years, i.e., Reckless driving, Driving to endanger, Open alcohol containers, etc.
- Clean driving record, includes: No more than 2 moving violations in the past 3 years; No DUI/DWI in past 3 years; No preventable accidents in the past year; No more than 2 preventable accidents in the last 3 years.
- Valid drivers license required as a continuing condition of employment; Class A CDL a plus.
- Knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) waste codes, manifesting and Land Disposal Restrictions (LDR) preferred.
- Knowledge of chemicals.
- Position involves physical exertion.
- Requires standing, lifting up to 50lbs.
- Requires pulling/pushing, carrying, grasping, reaching, occasionally stooping and crouching in confined spaces; Requires walking, climbing, speaking, listening, clarity of vision at 2 feet or more (with or without lenses).
- Requires the ability to properly wear and use personal respirator equipment and other forms of personal protective equipment (PPE) including levels A,B,C,D & E, including full encapsulation PPE suits which can elevate body temperature substantially during strenuous exertion.
Employment is contingent upon a successful background check and drug screen. Some positions also require a pre-hire medical exam. Must meet all work eligibility requirements. Environmentally-responsible business.