We hire truck drivers, mechanics, loaders, tank washers and other office jobs!
Search by Keyword
Are you looking for a company with stability and growth? Do you enjoy the ability to create and implement compensation programs and initiatives? If so, consider joining our dynamic HR Team!
Per the Vice President Human Resources, “This has been my favorite job in my tenured career, and I’ve worked with many amazing companies. The Heniff HR Team is collaborative, engaged, open to each other’s input, dedicated to our employees and to The Heniff Company. We truly enjoy working together. Our growth has been phenomenal. It keeps us on our toes but we love making an impact!”
The Compensation Manager will lead strategy, compliance, and administration for Heniff’s compensation programs while serving as the compensation advisor. You will be instrumental in ensuring our total rewards programs and tools are crafted to attract, reward, and retain top talent to fuel our continued company growth. The Compensation Manager will work closely with internal stakeholders across the organization while leveraging data-driven insights that facilitate the design of innovative, cost-effective, and market-competitive programs.
In addition, you will be responsible for enhancing the employee experience, building an even greater place to work, and assuring we are delivering relevant and meaningful compensation offerings through clear communication and effective programs.
- The Compensation Manager partners with HR and Business Leadership to define, develop, communicate and execute a competitive compensation strategy to include compensation, paid time off programs, and other reward and recognition programs that are cost-effective and consistent with labor market trends and organizational objectives.
- Manage the annual compensation process to include salary planning, merit budget, salary adjustments, internal equity reviews, annual incentive grants, and promotions; provide guidance and develop creative solutions on a variety of compensation matters including the setting of appropriate pay grades & FLSA status, defining and implementing salary structure ranges based on market data, and position leveling.
- Develop and implement comprehensive and effective compensation communication strategies and trainings; build & maintain content for employees and candidates; serve as a subject matter expert and escalation point to employees, managers, and HR Representatives for compensation matters.
- The Compensation Leader will ensure adequate processes, controls, compliance reviews, and audits are in place and are completed successfully. Will utilize job descriptions to perform FLSA audits in compliance with federal regulations to ensure proper classification of positions.
- Establish, build, and maintain dashboards and reporting mechanisms to measure key compensation data to validate total rewards program effectiveness and identify trends; analyze data and prepare reports as necessary for Board of Directors, Company Officers, Executive Team, and other leadership across the organization.
- The Compensation Leader will prepare and manage compensation program documents, including pay policies, incentive plan documents, etc.; ensure required documents are processed through payroll and carriers to ensure accurate recordkeeping and proper payroll deductions.
- 4+ years' experience in compensation roles showing career progression and practical experience managing compensation and equity, in a high-growth, multi-state environment with multiple entities, office locations, and divisions, preferably in a transportation industry.
- Thorough knowledge of State and Federal wage and hour laws including FLSA, all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements both adopted and pending affecting compensation programs.
- Proven track record of developing, managing, and evaluating various components of incentive plans.
- US. International experience is a plus.
- An understanding of how to account for diversity, equity, and inclusion when making compensation recommendations.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP), Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS), Certified Equity Professional (CEP), and/or Certified Benefits Professional (CBP) certification preferred.
- Experience working in a compensation role with companies greater than 1000 employees across the US is preferred.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently
- Advanced Excel and reporting skills
Benefits and Perks:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees receive:
- 120 hours Paid Time Off (prorated) in the first year & 7 Paid Holidays
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Life & Accident
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
At Heniff, we believe our biggest asset is our people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, hiring and developing individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to add to our collaborative culture. Heniff treats all candidates and employees with respect and does not discriminate in our recruiting, hiring, and promoting processes and general treatment during employment, including on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status, or disability.