We hire truck drivers, mechanics, loaders, tank washers and other office jobs!
Search by Keyword
- Billing Specialist
- Business Development Representative
- Diesel Truck Mechanic
- Driver Manager
- Driver Manager Trainee
- Driver Payroll Specialist
- FLeet Analyst
- Fleet Leasing Specialist
- Human Resources
- ISO Lift Operator
- Logistics Customer Sales Specialist
- Maintenance Clerk
- Senior Manager, Asset Management
- Shop Supervisor
- Trailer Fleet Specialist
- Transload Operator
Heniff Transportation provides best-in-class supply chain solutions to our valued customers by utilizing our network of supply chain services and resources. We focus on creating extraordinary growth and value across the markets, industries, and customers we serve through outstanding safety, innovation, and service performance. We accomplish this through one of the largest, fully integrated networks of terminals, transload and tank wash facilities in North America and now in Canada. We strive to be the BEST at everything we do.
The Driver Manager Trainee is responsible for assimilating the needs and request of our customers with the delivery capabilities of our fleet. This trainee capacity position is in a corporate 24-hour dispatch setting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Driver Manager Trainee participates in a training program which includes, but is not limited to, formal and informal; lectures, seminar, demonstrations, applications, evaluations, and examinations to acquire the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform dispatch duties.
- Studies, retains, and successfully demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities acquired through training.
- The Driver Manager Trainee receives, answers, and initiates requests for information from drivers, other employees, customers, police/fire units, and the general public.
- Work with terminals to assigns resources to meet customer requirements under company and regulatory agency mandates
- The Driver Manager Trainee enters complete and accurate data about the customer’s orders into the computer system
- Communicates with customers, employees and other terminal locations to ensure customer’s requirements are met while getting the most efficient use of available resources
- The Driver Manager Trainee handles emergency and non-emergency situations
- Checks drivers’ hours of service and maintenance condition reports of selected equipment
- The Driver Manager Trainee is expected to learn and abide by DOT regulations, safety policies, and other Regulatory bodies having jurisdiction over motor carriers.
- The Driver Manager Trainee reports directly to the Shop Supervisor.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required
- This position will involve becoming proficient in the full range of dispatch/customer service function operation on behalf of Superior Carriers and its other operating units. Monthly evaluations will be completed in order to move towards promotion to an exempt Dispatcher.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule and some weekends. There will also be opportunities to fill in other shifts as needed to cover for vacations, sick time, or projects. Schedule may be changed at any time based on the business needs and the sole discretion of management.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and stressful environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite is highly desired
- Fluent in Spanish is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to act as a team player and get involved in all aspects of the business function
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently
- Must have the use of sensory skills in order to effectively communicate and interact with other employees and the public through the use of the telephone, computer, and personal contact
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, and hear
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, reach and bend and lift and carry up to ten pounds
- Close vision ability to look at a computer screen for long periods of time is required
- Ability to operate in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- The position typically operates in a standard office environment.
- This position routinely uses office equipment such as computers, phones, and scanners.
Benefits and Perks:
• 401(k) Plan
• Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees receive:
• 120 hours Paid Time Off (prorated) in the first year & 7 Paid Holidays
• Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
• Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Voluntary Life & Accident
• Critical Illness Insurance
• Company Paid Life Insurance
At Heniff, we believe our biggest asset is our people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, hiring and developing individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to add to our collaborative culture. Heniff treats all candidates and employees with respect and does not discriminate in our recruiting, hiring, and promoting processes and general treatment during employment, including on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status, or disability.