We hire truck drivers, mechanics, loaders, tank washers and other office jobs!
Search by Keyword
- Billing Specialist
- Business Development Representative
- Diesel Truck Mechanic
- Driver Manager
- Driver Manager Trainee
- Driver Payroll Specialist
- FLeet Analyst
- Fleet Leasing Specialist
- Human Resources
- ISO Lift Operator
- Logistics Customer Sales Specialist
- Maintenance Clerk
- Senior Manager, Asset Management
- Shop Supervisor
- Trailer Fleet Specialist
- Transload Operator
Heniff Transportation provides best-in-class supply chain solutions to our valued customers by utilizing our network of supply chain services and resources. We focus on creating extraordinary growth and value across the markets, industries, and customers we serve through outstanding safety, innovation, and service performance. We accomplish this through one of the largest, fully integrated networks of terminals, transload and tank wash facilities in North America and now in Canada. We strive to be the BEST at everything we do.
The Driver Payroll Specialist is responsible for ensuring all driver and carrier pay is calculated accurately and timely across the Heniff family of companies including Heniff Transportation Systems, Heniff Logistics, Carry Transit and Miller Transporters. This person is critical for ensuring a smooth weekly pay process for all of our terminals, Brokerage business, and for our Company and Owner Operator drivers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Driver Payroll Specialist reviews applicable contractor settlements for accuracy using the TMW Software application.
- Identify , escalate (when necessary), and resolve disputed issues with driver or carrier pay and handle concerns from employees and drivers.
- Audit deductions for items such as fuel, escrows, insurance, and lease payments.
- The Driver Payroll Specialist works with cross functional teams to ensure all urgent Driver Pay related issues are resolved on a timely basis ensuring that drivers have a positive experience with pay settlements.
- Work effectively across multiple functions including Operations, Finance and other teams to ensure quality results.
- The Driver Payroll Specialist prepares settlement and other reports as requested.
- Maintain financial security by adhering to internal accounting controls.
- The Driver Payroll Specialist performs additional duties as required.
- The Driver Payroll Specialist reports directly to the Manager of AP/AR.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite applications including Word, Outlook and Excel
- Minimum 5 years of related experience
- Prior experience in driver settlements and pay
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Experience using the TMW system
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Solid communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization
- Strong customer service orientation, ensuring needs and deadlines are met in a timely fashion
- Demonstrate a positive, proactive and motivated attitude
- Proven focus on continuous improvement in the workplace
- Ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced organization
- Proven problem solver, anticipates challenges and is both responsive and resourceful
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The position typically operates in a standard office environment.
- This position routinely uses office equipment such as computers, phones, and scanners.
Benefits and Perks:
• 401(k) Plan
• Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees receive:
• 120 hours Paid Time Off (prorated) in the first year & 7 Paid Holidays
• Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
• Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Voluntary Life & Accident
• Critical Illness Insurance
• Company Paid Life Insurance
At Heniff, we believe our biggest asset is our people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, hiring and developing individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to add to our collaborative culture. Heniff treats all candidates and employees with respect and does not discriminate in our recruiting, hiring, and promoting processes and general treatment during employment, including on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status, or disability.