We hire truck drivers, mechanics, loaders, tank washers and other office jobs!
Search by Keyword
Heniff Transportation provides best-in-class supply chain solutions to our valued customers by utilizing our network of supply chain services and resources. We focus on creating extraordinary growth and value across the markets, industries, and customers we serve through outstanding safety, innovation, and service performance. We accomplish this through one of the largest, fully integrated networks of terminals, transload and tank wash facilities in North America and now in Canada. We strive to be the BEST at everything we do.
Location: 2222 Camden Court, Oak Brook, IL
Hours: M-F, 8am-4:30pm
Position will sit onsite 100% of the time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Professionally answer and administer all incoming calls and act as an interface with employees, visitors and guests
- Ensure phone calls are redirected accordingly
- Maintain an understanding of the Company’s operations in order to provide callers with information such as key Company contacts by functional area, company addresses and phone numbers, fax numbers, company website and other related information, and directions to the Company’s headquarters location.
- Greet all visitors in a professional, friendly, hospitable manner.
- Manage inbound mail, package and shipment deliveries
- Maintain a logbook of visitors and manage the distribution and return of visitor badges
- Contact Property Management to perform maintenance and inspection functions as needed
- Order office supplies and manage on-site supply/inventory functions
- Provide administrative support as needed
- Ensure appropriate follow up
- Provide direction/information to vendors, facilities staff and service providers as required to ensure excellent coordination/execution of work within client environment with minimal disruption
- Provide support for meetings and conference room reservations as needed and directed
- Maintain a seating chart of employees and contractors at the corporate headquarters and maintain any changes in seating assignments
- Create and maintain recordkeeping for headquarters facilities work orders, required inspections and maintenance.
- Assist with the coordination and scheduling of maintenance activities
- Provide general overall facility management services including continuous monitoring of the condition and safety of the office/facility
- Contact Property Manager for repairs and maintenance of commercial building and building systems including: HVAC systems (filter and belt changes), minor electrical repairs and re-lamping, plumbing, hardware, signage, ceiling tile replacements, doors and lock repairs, painting and minor carpentry; installation of wall hangings, and repair flooring and roofing as needed.
- Ensure that employee safety and comfort are maintained, and that the property's equipment is maintained and operated per contracted guidelines
- Support incremental and project moves by relocating furniture, equipment, and boxes as needed.
- Participate in emergency response procedures, technical training programs and safety training programs as required.
- Coordinate and oversee work performed by third-party vendors
- Demonstrate the ability to be on stand-by and to assist with afterhours emergencies
- Respond to employee service requests
- Collect Human Resources topics for newsletters, compose the newsletters, and work with the editor
- Perform all other tasks as requested by management
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Present a professional appearance and maintain a professional demeanor
- Great visitors, answer phone calls, and run errands
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Organized and resourceful
- Demonstrated dependability and punctuality
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimum supervision
- Fast and eager learner
- Proficiency in using MS Office Suite (Word and Excel), Outlook, Teams, online office supply websites, copiers, imaging machines, mail machines and other web-based services and shipping solutions
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple assigned tasks in a timely manner, reporting the progress on assigned tasks, and displaying a sense of urgency
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience in an office setting
- Must have prior experience with Microsoft Office and be computer/internet savvy (may have to reword this)
- Spanish speaking is a plus
- Familiar with facilities lingo is a plus
Benefits and Perks:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees receive:
- 120 hours Paid Time Off (prorated) in the first year & 7 Paid Holidays
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Life & Accident
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- This position is likely to involve duties conducted in and around the grounds of a warehousing and shipping environment.
- This position frequently involves the operation of a forklift and other material movement equipment.
At Heniff, we believe our biggest asset is our people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, hiring and developing individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to add to our collaborative culture. Heniff treats all candidates and employees with respect and does not discriminate in our recruiting, hiring, and promoting processes and general treatment during employment, including on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status, or disability.