We hire truck drivers, mechanics, loaders, tank washers and other office jobs!
Search by Keyword
- Account Manager
- Accounts Payable
- Billing Clerk
- Brokerage & Logistics
- Diesel Truck Mechanic
- Driver Manager
- Driver Settlements Specialist
- Heavy Duty Lift Mechanic
- HR Generalist
- ISO Lift Operator
- Manager, Accounts Payable
- Senior Analyst - Financial Planning & Reporting
- Shop Supervisor
- Systems Administrator
- Tank Wash Supervisor
- Terminal Clerk
This position is responsible for repairs and required maintenance of container handlers, spotters, forklifts and other off road or yard equipment. The role inspects, troubleshoots, diagnose sand performs maintenance on equipment. This role will work closely with all vendors performing work on yard and lift equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Repair and replace defective parts, components or systems.
- Perform safety inspections on all equipment and prepare safety documents and equipment condition reports required by federal law, OSHA, or Company Policy.
- Interpret work orders and technical manuals.
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and ensure the work meets manufacturer’s specifications and legislated regulations.
- Respond to emergency breakdowns and provide solutions to keep operations moving
- Prioritize work and follow through with repairs.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education and Experience: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) or a combination of education and experience
- Must have a minimum of one year experience and/or completion of a trade school; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be 25 years of age or older
- Must be required to pass a DOT physical and drug screen
- Must have an acceptable MVR
- Must have own tools
Essential Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual will be required to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable required accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of general repairs and PM criteria
- Must be able to use hand and power tools
- Must be able to read and understand testing and measuring tools
- Must show confidence in repair work and take responsibility for the completed work
- Demonstrate specific knowledge of heavy truck repairs in a commercial environment, including diesel engine system diagnostics to ensure equipment is operating appropriately
- Ability to keep up with technology and updates
- Ability to read and comprehend technical manuals
- Demonstrate proficiency to write out repair orders
- Possess verbal and written communication skills and strong listening skills
- Must be willing to travel without notice when needed
- Must read, write and speak English proficiently
Physical Demands: The physical demands describe here are representative of those that may be encountered by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable required accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Must be able to perform maintenance and repair task on equipment.
- Must be able to repeatedly lift and carry heavy objects.
- Must be able to lift 10 -70 lbs. if required by essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to perform maintenance and repair tasks on equipment.
- Must be able to climb, stoop, twist, bend, reach, push and pull.
- Must be able to grasp and use hand and power tools.
- Must be able to hold and manipulate nuts, bolts and assorted fasteners in tight and awkward positions.
- Must be able to stand on concrete floor for up to 10 hours per day.
- Must be able to climb and descend a straight rung ladder mounted vertically to a height of 13 feet.
- Must be able to wear protective equipment including hand, face, body and eyes specifically related to mechanics.
- Must be able to have the strength and stamina required to work on heavy equipment and work in awkward positions.
- Shop may be susceptible to climate like outdoor weather.
- Majority of work is located in the field.
- Frequent exposure to loud machinery, air tool operation, hammering and engine noise.
- This position includes 30-50% travel under normal circumstances.
- This position works in confined spaces.
Job Type: Full-time