We hire truck drivers, mechanics, loaders, tank washers and other office jobs!
Search by Keyword
- Account Manager
- Accounting and Finance
- Assistant Controller
- Bulk Carrier Sales Specialist
- Carrier Sales Specialist
- Corporate Recruiter
- Diesel Tuck Technician
- Driver Manager
- Driver Recruiting
- ISO Driver Manager
- Lift Operator
- Pricing Analyst
- Shop Supervisor
- Tank Washer
- Terminal Operations
- Transload Operator
Job Title: Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis
Status: Full Time
Reports to: VP of FP&A
The Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis does the budgeting, forecasting, modeling, long-term forecasting and assists the VP of FP&A with business strategic analysis of the company. In addition, this position supports the VP of FP&A in partnering with various functions within the company to develop annual plans, forecast, analyze trends, create metrics and perform analyses to support business decisions. This includes, among other things, responsibility for financial metrics, reporting, forecasting and analysis. The successful candidate will be hands-on, an expert user of Microsoft tools, be accurate and have performed the above successfully in other fast-paced environments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Active role in producing the Budget (top-down, bottom-up; zero based) within the allotted timeframe.
- Work with the VP of FP&A to plan, develop, test, prepare and deliver business unit plans, forecasts and key assumptions and key performance indicators for annual and long-range forecasts of operations and capital requirements.
- Maintain detailed forecasting models linking key business drivers to performance scenarios
- Develop and deliver monthly management reports depicting each business unit’s performance relative to plan and prior periods including associated trending analyses highlighting specific areas requiring management attention. Ensure that all reports accurately depict the economic performance of each business unit and reconcile to all other management reports and general ledger reporting
- Prepare and deliver ad-hoc financial information as requested by management and stakeholders
- Compile, summarize and maintain the key performance indicators of competitors, and compare the Company’s performance across those same metrics
- Aiding and preparing management reports, including validating relevant data from multiple sources and reconciling or augmenting the data with additional information obtained through databases, reports, or interviews of subject matter experts.
- Preparing variance analyses and develop a management discussion and analysis of results compared to prior periods and compared to projections
- Aiding in the modeling of Strategic and Five Year Plans
- Ensure all work done is accomplished in a timely and accurate manner
- Aid senior management, where needed with Divisional forecasting, budgeting and monthly financial analytics
- Analyze the trends of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), especially relating to financial metrics such as sales, expenditures, and profit margins: be able to present and debate them in meetings as well
- Help with the preparation of monthly and quarterly financial reports of the company, Board Decks, Banker decks and be part of discussions, meetings and presentations
- Support Management Team(s) and the Heads of Department with data-driven analysis
- Be involved in Divisional CAPEX tracking and controls (in or out of Budget)
- Develop robust financial models and analyze them to support strategic initiatives
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent work experience in a related field
- At least 8 - 10 years of relevant work experience
- Expert experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience in a related role within the trucking or transportation industry
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) accreditation and/or MBA
- Demonstrated ability to understand and determine priorities, effectively manage time, and develop work plans in order to accomplish tasks and/or projects
- Keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which allows for strategic data interpretation versus simple reporting
- Proven ability to clearly organize and effectively convey information
- Demonstrated ability to be detail-oriented and yet to work with speed and accuracy
- Proven ability to analyze data and make process improvement recommendations
- Proven strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and a passion for providing excellent service
- Strong business acumen and ability to work cross-functionally with key business leaders
- Proven skill to think outside the box
- Ability to generate and translate ideas, and adapt to change
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- May be required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to feel; reach with hand and arms, and stoop, kneel or crouch as needed.
- Specific vision requirements include the ability to see at close range, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- This position may require occasional local and overnight travel.
- The position typically operates in a standard office environment.
- This position routinely uses office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, file cabinets, and fax machines.
At Heniff, we believe our biggest asset is our people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, hiring and developing individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to add to our collaborative culture. Heniff treats all candidates and employees with respect and does not discriminate in our recruiting, hiring, and promoting processes and general treatment during employment, including on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status, or disability.