We hire truck drivers, mechanics, loaders, tank washers and other office jobs!
Search by Keyword
- Account Manager
- Accounting & Finance
- Billing Clerk
- Brokerage & Logistics
- Diesel Truck Mechanic
- Driver Manager
- Driver Settlements Specialist
- Driver Settlements Supervisor
- Heavy Duty Lift Mechanic
- HR Coordinator
- ISO Lift Operator
- Payroll Specialist
- Senior Analyst - Financial Planning & Reporting
- Shop Supervisor
- Systems Administrator
- Tank Wash Supervisor
- Terminal Clerk
Job title: Billing Clerk
Status: Full Time
Reports to: Billing Manager
The Billing Clerk is responsible for the timely preparation of customer invoices in accordance with the billing process and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Bill freight charges to customer accounts.
- Validate backup documents related to billing such as Purchase Orders (PO’s), Bills of Lading (BOL’s), scale tickets, freight paperwork, etc. against the order for invoicing.
- Maintaining accurate billing for customers.
- Bill monthly storage.
- Maintain personal invoicing queues while adhering to company deadlines.
- Process invoices via upload and/or key entry into various customer websites used by each customer for manual invoice submission.
- Follow up on ebilled invoices to ensure status on customer websites continues to progress to paid status.
- Manage rejected invoices for assigned customers.
- Review billing mailbox daily.
- Mailing of daily invoices.
- Printing of invoices, TMT, Depot service, and Great Plains (GP) integration.
- Develop and maintain a professional relationship with team members.
- Work with customers to answer billing questions and resolve any billing issues.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum 2 years billing experience
- Experience using s MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Great Plains software
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in Transportation with Chemical companies
- Demonstrated organizational and analytical skills
- Demonstrated skill to possess a positive and motivated attitude in a fast pace environment
- Ability to adapt to change
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers
- Strong problem solving and listening skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a contributing team member
- Proven multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated ability to act as a team player and get involved in all aspects of the business function
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- May be required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to feel; reach with hand and arms, and stoop, kneel or crouch as needed.
- Specific vision requirements include the ability to see at close range, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The position typically operates in a standard office environment.
- This position routinely uses office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, file cabinets, and fax machines.
Job Type: Full-time