We hire truck drivers, mechanics, loaders, tank washers and other office jobs!
Search by Keyword
- Account Manager
- Accounting and Finance
- Assistant Controller
- Bulk Carrier Sales Specialist
- Carrier Sales Specialist
- Corporate Recruiter
- Diesel Tuck Technician
- Driver Manager
- Driver Recruiting
- ISO Driver Manager
- Lift Operator
- Pricing Analyst
- Shop Supervisor
- Tank Washer
- Terminal Operations
- Transload Operator
Job Title: Shop Supervisor
Department: Shop Operations
Status: Full Time
Reports to: Regional Maintenance Manager
Under general supervision from the Regional Maintenance Manager (RMM), manages the operation and maintenance of all the terminal’s tractors and chemical cargo trailers ensuring assets are maintained in accordance with federal (DOT), state and local regulations and Company policies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the shop facility in a safe, efficient, timely, cost effective, and practical manner and in compliance with OSHA regulations and Company polices.
- Ensure and enforce all established safety policies and standards to include OSHA regulations and Company policies, and the identification, use, and proper procedures for handling or disposal of hazardous wastes.
- Monitor and address all issues concerning corrective action of direct reports and employee performance while being accessible to all areas of the shop.
- Plan daily staffing levels to meet workload.
- Perform oversight of cost controls and the maintenance and repair of equipment assigned to the terminal; contribute to the Company’s revenue growth.
- Determine the overall mechanical condition of vehicles and equipment; diagnose component malfunctions and initiate repair actions.
- Properly annotate all maintenance performed on prescribed forms and enter data into TMT and other data collection systems.
- Manage and maintain inventory of parts, tools, specialized test equipment and consumables.
- Provide support to the terminal operations team regarding all equipment-related issues.
- Monitor and analyze all opportunities to cut costs and improve efficiencies.
- Perform administrative functions, including timesheet approval, repair order maintenance and compliance documentation.
- Utilize sound judgment to determine when vehicle repairs should be completed by an outside agency that is authorized and qualified to perform such work. Clearly discuss situation with Regional Maintenance Manager.
- Comply with all applicable company policies and procedures and federal/state/local laws and regulations.
- Produce and maintain accurate inspection forms and their records.
- Regularly interface with Terminal Manager, Regional Maintenance Manager, and Safety officials.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- At least 5+ years' industry experience in fleet maintenance
- DOT HM-183 training or experience
- ASE certification
- Course work in auto and equipment mechanics at a trade school or 3 years of experience as a mechanic, or any equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong customer service and organizational skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of automated fleet management information systems, equipment theory , principles, and repair relating to vehicles, diesel engines air, electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of commercial tractor and trailer maintenance and DOT rules/regulations
- Proficient in the use and completion of repair and purchase orders produced by a maintenance management system
- Demonstrated skills in self-directed planning and organization/supervision of technicians to complete regularly scheduled preventive maintenance
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with terminal operations staff and safety officials
- Proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office and web-based applications
- Ability to use vehicle diagnostic software
- Knowledge of automated fleet management information systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, at times adjusting spoken voice to suit the sound level of the environment
- Ability and desire to work in a positive, fast paced, and high energy environment
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently
- Bi Lingual a plus
- Use arms to reach and stretch; hands and fingers to grasp, move, or assemble objects of a variety of sizes, and to also manipulate a variety of objects, tools, devices, and controls.
- Use legs to stand for long period of time, maneuver through shop environment, and perform a variety of locomotive functions which may include crawling, kneeling, crouching, sitting, and carrying or relocating objects weighing up to 75 lbs.
- Perform broad locomotive motions, at times in a rapid fashion, such as bending, twisting, balancing in stable and unstable positions, and reaching, with the capacity to use bodily muscles to sustain these motions for long periods of time without fatigue.
- Perform fine locomotive motions, at times in a rapid fashion, that involve the use of fingers for the manipulation of tools.
- Adjust, execute, maintain, and repeat all bodily motions, postures, and stances in order to accommodate to rapid and gradual changes within the work environment as necessary.
- Visually identify and focus on objects at close and distant ranges, and at central and peripheral locations, with the ability to identify their distances, depths, and colors in environments of varying lighting.
- While looking forward, see objects or movements that are off to the side.
- Use auditory senses in order to hear and isolate specific sounds, understand speech, and recognize their differences in a variety of environments of varying sound levels.
- Speak clearly and at necessary volumes in a variety of environments of varying sound levels.
- Shop may be susceptible to climate like outdoor weather.
- Frequent exposure to loud machinery, air tool operation, hammering and engine noise.
At Heniff, we believe our biggest asset is our people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, hiring and developing individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to add to our collaborative culture. Heniff treats all candidates and employees with respect and does not discriminate in our recruiting, hiring, and promoting processes and general treatment during employment, including on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status, or disability.