We hire truck drivers, mechanics, loaders, tank washers and other office jobs!
Search by Keyword
- Account Manager
- Accounting and Finance
- Assistant Controller
- Bulk Carrier Sales Specialist
- Carrier Sales Specialist
- Corporate Recruiter
- Diesel Tuck Technician
- Driver Manager
- Driver Recruiting
- ISO Driver Manager
- Lift Operator
- Pricing Analyst
- Shop Supervisor
- Tank Washer
- Terminal Operations
- Transload Operator
Job Title Driver Recruiter
Department: Driver Recruitment
Reports to: Director of Recruiting
Status: Full Time
The Driver Recruiter is responsible for being the first point of contact to Driver candidates and responsible for hiring the best possible driving force in order to continue to build one of the most respected and safest trucking operations on the road.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Source, contact, and screen high volumes of professional driving candidates to fill open positions
- Communicate information regarding company, operating policies, minimum qualifications, benefits, pay, and other information regarding employment
- Organize high volume over the road driver applications and leads in applicant tracking system
- Process driver applications and ensure all pre-employment paperwork is completed for new and rehires to ensure DOT and Company standards are met
- Schedule and confirm attendance with qualified drivers for orientation
- Maintain open line of communication with driver applicants to resolve any pre-hire issues that may arise
- Maintain current knowledge of transportation rules and regulations as well as the company hiring guidelines
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by management
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required
- 2+ years of professional experience
- General knowledge of DOT requirements, employment laws and recruiting practices
- Tenstreet experience preferred
- Must be a self-starter with work ethic, integrity, & initiative
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Must work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of recruitment and human resources employee’s history to include employment, medical and driving records
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Proficiency in Word and Excel
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- May be required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to feel; reach with hand and arms, and stoop, kneel or crouch as needed.
- Specific vision requirements include the ability to see at close range, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The position typically operates in a standard office environment.
- This position routinely uses office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, file cabinets, and scanners.
At Heniff, we believe our biggest asset is our people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, hiring and developing individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to add to our collaborative culture. Heniff treats all candidates and employees with respect and does not discriminate in our recruiting, hiring, and promoting processes and general treatment during employment, including on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status, or disability.