We hire truck drivers, mechanics, loaders, tank washers and other office jobs!
Search by Keyword
- Account Manager
- Accounting and Finance
- Assistant Controller
- Bulk Carrier Sales Specialist
- Carrier Sales Specialist
- Corporate Recruiter
- Diesel Tuck Technician
- Driver Manager
- Driver Recruiting
- ISO Driver Manager
- Lift Operator
- Pricing Analyst
- Shop Supervisor
- Tank Washer
- Terminal Operations
- Transload Operator
Job Title: Lift Operator and Shuttle Driver
Reports to: Depot Manager
Certified and trained forklift operator. Operates 20’ ISO tanks/containers. Shuttle chassis/containers as needed. Must have CDL with tank and haz-mat endorsements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates forklifts to move intermodal equipment on/off chassis and put into/out of storage.
- Documents location of equipment utilizing equipment tracking system, Depot Systems.
- Updates electronic equipment tracking systems.
- Ensures equipment is in proper working order and documents inspections of equipment; reports discrepancies.
- Maintain daily inspection log(s) for equipment and properly report exceptions; ensure equipment receives periodic maintenance.
- Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures for role.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Handle product temperature requirements.
- Fill and deliver material vouchers to production crews.
- Trouble shoot and diagnose equipment failures.
- Basic knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic components.
- Facility and grounds maintenance.
- Understand and use computerized maintenance systems.
- Communicate effectively with others, especially with Dispatchers and Drivers to ensure production and customer needs are met.
- Always follow safety procedures and promote a safe environment for you and your fellow employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Preferred minimum of 2 years' experience in a similar position
- Possess and maintain current certification in the operations of required forklift and related equipment
- Must have CDL with tank/haz-mat endorsement
- Adequate computer skills
- Ability to learn quickly and attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Preferred experience in driving and operating a container lift
- Able to work outside in variable weather conditions
- Ability to follow spoken and written instruction
- Ability to safely perform all tasks and understand Company’s safety policies and procedures
- Valid commercial driver’s license required with tank and haz-mat endorsements
- Dependable transportation is required as well as the ability to work a flexible schedule if required (scheduled or unscheduled overtime, weekends, nights, and holidays)
- Employment is contingent upon the ability to pass required Safety Council training examinations, and all pre-employment screenings i.e. drug screen
- Position requires manual dexterity and the ability to maintain physical activity throughout the day:
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and hold or lift a variety of objects.
- Able to carry, bend, stoop, turn, kneel, crawl, climb a ladder and other manual labor activities.
- This position is likely to involve duties conducted in and around the grounds of a warehousing and shipping environment.
- This position frequently involves the operation of a forklift and other material movement equipment.
Click here to Apply- North Charleston, SC
Click here to Apply- Savannah, GA
At Heniff, we believe our biggest asset is our people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, hiring and developing individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to add to our collaborative culture. Heniff treats all candidates and employees with respect and does not discriminate in our recruiting, hiring, and promoting processes and general treatment during employment, including on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status, or disability.