We hire truck drivers, mechanics, loaders, tank washers and other office jobs!
Search by Keyword
- Account Manager
- Accounts Payable
- Billing Clerk
- Brokerage & Logistics
- Diesel Truck Mechanic
- Driver Manager
- Driver Settlements Specialist
- Heavy Duty Lift Mechanic
- HR Coordinator
- ISO Lift Operator
- Manager, Accounts Payable
- Senior Analyst - Financial Planning & Reporting
- Shop Supervisor
- Systems Administrator
- Tank Wash Supervisor
- Terminal Clerk
Job title: Manager, Accounts Payable
FLSA Status: Exempt
Status: Full Time
Reports to: Senior Manager, Financial Operations
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience (Required)
- Accounts Payable: 5+ years managerial experience including the supervision of direct reports within an accounts payable function (Required)
The Accounts Payable Manager is responsible for the accuracy, timelines, and overall functionality of the accounts payable department. This role provides guidance and support to the accounts payable staff to ensure all approved vendor payables are recorded in the proper accounting period as well as recorded in proper general ledger accounts and the correct business units of the company. Additionally, the role is responsible for making certain approved vendor invoices are paid accurately and within established terms such as net 30 days.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the accounts payable staff to include selection, work allocation, training, coaching and mentoring, problem resolution, performance evaluation and feedback, and corrective action
- Collaborate and communicate with vendor representatives and internal team members in operations management, fleet management, and information technology among others including collaboration on the selection of new or enhanced systems and processes from time to time
- Leverage methods of available payment including checks, ACH and other to help make certain vendors are paid on a timely basis and received accurate remittance information with payments
- Work within the guidelines of general accepted accounting principles (GAAP) to eliminate any audit adjustments or reclassifications related to accounts payable matters such as cutoff
- Provide information to internal and external auditors
- Request statements from vendors and assign accounts payable team members to review such statements and insure vendors are being paid timely
- Occasionally complete or review system integrations relative to accounts payable
- Provide account analysis and schedules to management and auditors
- Assist with uploads of Positive Pay files into banking system
- Ensure the accounts payable team is maintaining accurate vendor data in the accounting systems which helps support the issuance of timely and accurate 1099 forms annually
- Complete month-end close procedures relative to accounts payable within an established timeline which helps support a timely closing each month
- Support the audit collection of data
- Perform additional duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- 5+ years managerial experience in accounts payable including the supervision of direct reports within this function (Required)
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Ability to clearly organize and effectively convey information
- Keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills
- Ability to understand and determine priorities, effectively manage time and develop work plans in order to accomplish tasks and/or projects
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- May be required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to feel; reach with hand and arms, and stoop, kneel or crouch as needed.
- Specific vision requirements include the ability to see at close range, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The position typically operates in a standard office environment.
- This position routinely uses office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, file cabinets, and printers/scanners.